Friday, April 22

New beginnings...

I used to update my blog regularly about a year ago. Back then I lived with my Mum and my brother, Jozef, in Middlesbrough and we had lots of cats, a few snakes and a gecko. I worked at HobbyCraft on a weekend and enjoyed cross stitching and a few other random things.

Fast forward to now; I live with my boyfriend, Josh, in Leeds and we have just moved (literally five days ago) from a flat which was a five minute walk south of the centre to a flat right in the middle. We have two goldfish, Zacharia and Pachina, and I work as an Assistant Nursery Nurse at Sunbeams Day Nursery. However, come 16th May I will be working at Happy Baby Nursery in a very similar role, but with more hours and training - yay!

Right now I'm in Middlesbrough, making the most of the 4-day weekend by visiting relatives. Next weekend is "The Royal Wedding" - which I will be 'celebrating' at Alton Towers! Bit of a randomly planned trip - we (my Mum, Joe and I) usually go every summer for three days, but this year we're going in October for the Halloween Scarefest, so to have an early visit too is nice! My aunty decided she wanted to go, and since there was a 2 for 1 offer on, my Mum agreed to take us all.

Other than moving flat, I haven't been up to anything particularly exciting lately. Almost all of my spare time has been spent painting, cleaning and tidying - our last flat was rented, but Josh and his dad have bought this one, hence the decorating! However, I have managed to pick up a few bargains which were somewhat interesting - a Monsoon dress with a broken zip for £40 instead of £60 (managed to fix the zip too!), a bag from Clarks which I liked and happened to decide to buy on the 20% off weekend, and £20 refund on behalf of Josh for Argos selling us a dodgy wardrobe (was fixable using a drill, but they put holes in the wrong side of the base which made building it a nightmare!). I've also been doing a small amount of 'crafty' stuff - I completed a cross stitched Easter cushion for a friend's granddaughter and a memory-wire bracelet with a handmade box for another friend's birthday.

I shall leave it at that for now and eat my sushi; I hope to update again soon but, who knows, perhaps you'll be waiting months! Bye for now...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily :) It's Beth. I've got over the past stuff now. It's nice to see you're still blogging x

    ReplyDelete