Saturday, July 9

78 days later.

So! It's been a while (I did mention in my last post that it could be months...!).

Work is going well; I only work three days a week at the moment, but it's enough to get by and hopefully as more children join the nursery over the coming months, my hours will go up. I "invented" two new games since I've been there and they are extremely popular - one is "The Hopping Game" and the other is "The Standing Up Game". The first involves sitting in front of a child, holding onto their hands with one hand, and one of their legs with the other, and then gently swaying them from side to side until they fall over. The other involves both sitting on the floor, then taking the child's legs in your hands and asking them to stand up (which obviously they can't, but it's fun watching them try!). You'll be seeing me on Dragon's Den soon, no doubt! Just kidding - I'm aware they're pretty lame games, but I swear the kids love them. "Excuse me, can we play The Hopping Game?" Unfortunately I made the mistake of giving the children piggybacks last week, and now every time I'm sat on the floor I have a child swinging off my back, gripping my neck rather tightly. It'll be embarrassing if I get strangled by a three year old...

I've been on holiday recently too - got back on Monday. We went to Paphos, Cyprus for a week; I was really dreading a "beach holiday", but it turned out to be amazing! I've seen so much and learned so many new facts. I'll update soon (hopefully!) with a post all about that (like the loser that I am, I sat and wrote notes every day about what we'd done!).

In other news: I've now set up a Folksy Shop selling all the jewellery I've made lately. I've managed to sell one piece so far, which isn't much but it's definitely a start. One of the people who works in the bead shop told me to increase my prices - I was selling them really cheaply before, but she made a very good point that if you sell things for cheap, people think they're rubbish. So although they're quite high prices, hopefully someone will like my work and buy something! It's exciting checking it each day to see how many people have had a look, and who's clicked "favourite" on an item or the shop.

I'm going to go to IKEA today and buy some more drawer inserts... a couple of months ago I bought some drawers from a charity shop in the market for £40 - they are really old, sturdy drawers, but the last owner had clearly got carried away with slapping paint all over the handles and around the edges. I couldn't work out how to clean them up to begin with, but eventually I found a solution and although I've only managed to get one and a half drawers sorted (out of six!) I'm very excited about what they're going to look like once they're completed. I'll update with pictures about that, too, so you can see my amazing handiwork!

Anyway, I'll finish this post off now before I end up wasting the whole day on my computer! In the meantime, you can sit and imagine how beautiful my drawers are...

No comments:

Post a Comment